Micro-LAM was built for bold thinking in every facet of optics manufacturing. Our team represents the integration of visionary brands now serving clients in more than 20 countries.
For customers, we’re a single-source collaborator for advanced optics manufacturing. From prototypes, custom tools and reliable service to advanced laser-assisted machining with materials never-before possible, we’re a fearless partner determined to help you succeed.
Laser-Assisted Diamond Turning
Ultra-Precision Diamond Tools
OPTICS & PHOTONICS
Defense & Aerospace
Safety & Security
A patented system our competitors can only dream of.
and only our engineers can brag about.
Robust patents owned & exclusively licensed by us.
Worldwide IP coverage in 14 countries.
Deep (and growing) bench of R&D talent.
How we got here
- Deepak pursued & completed Ph.D. in laser assisted machining
- Received Federal (SBIR) & state grants
- First Successful Industry Beta Test
- Commercialized OPTIMUS T+1 for enhancement of conventionally diamond turned materials.
- Moved into 1,000 sq.ft. incubator facility.
First system sale and installation in production environment.
Strategic two year partnership with diamond turning machine OEM, AMETEK.
(5) installed systems
Raised series A investment funding.
Expanded into 22,000 sq.ft production facility
(17) installed systems
- Enabling diamond turning capabilities for tungsten carbide.
- Fully capable application and R&D lab including latest metrology & lathes
- Expanded OEM partnerships to include MNTS, Precitech and others.
- (42) installed systems
- Top 50 Michigan companies to watch.
- Raised series B investment
- Founded M10 Edge diamond tool manufacturing company.
- (64) installed systems
- Launch of OPTIMUS T2 product, capable of diamond turning glass.
- Opened Precision Advancement Center of Excellence. P.A.C.E. United Kingdom/Europe
- Exclusivity Deal for Precision Glass Molding
- (78) installed systems
- Acquired 603OPTX, expanding capabilities to include prototyping and custom tools
- Micro-LAM integrates its three innovative brands into one multi-faceted, ultra‑precision optics manufacturing resource
- Working on a 30,000 sq ft space
- Application labs and capabilities in USA (Portage MI & Keene, NH), United Kingdom & Shanghai, China
- Expanded capability to manufacture and repair ultra-precision diamond tooling for N. America (in Portage, MI)
A bold blend of entrepreneurship and imagination.
Dr. Deepak Ravindra, Founder/CEO
“I like to think not just about the ‘what,’ but also the ‘what else?’”
While the road to success is always under construction, dynamic growth is often driven by the team you are orchestrating. This has been a vital motto for founder/CEO Dr. Deepak Ravindra who in just over 5 years has grown Micro-LAM into one of the industry’s most enviable developers of laser-based tools. Deepak’s entrepreneurial spirit was first sparked while serving on a pilot group for Stanford University’s Innovation-Corps program. Today, his leadership is fueling the laser-assisted machining of some of the most challenging materials: glass, crystals, ceramics and hard metals for some of the most challenging industries: defense, aerospace, semiconductor, advanced ceramics and optics. His visions are fueling the future with a special emphasize on positively impacting our daily lives. As Deepak says, “Status quo technology comes from old ideas. We have to see possibility where others don’t so we can think of what’s next.”